Monday, July 6, 2009

Cricut Expression

Hello everyone.....I've been really busy today..getting crafts made and doing some tweaking in my kitchen....I made this sign for above my window....The Olde Summer Kitchen.....

I used my Cricut Expression to make the stencils....so easy to do...

I used spray adhesive for on the back of the stencils to hold them in place and painted away....

After the paint was dry just sanded it around the edges and put walnut stain over the entire sign to give it an aged look...















This pic is some of the tweaking I done today....took everything off the top of the cabinets....cleaned them and put new prims up.

As you can see I put my sign to the right of the display.....don't look at the hammer on top of frig....haven't decided what I want to put up there yet.....















So off to do somemore tweaking....everyone have a great day...

Prim Hugs, Trena








2 comments:

Lisa said...

That gives me a great idea!! My MIL has a cricut too. Thanks for the idea. Your sign looks GREAT!!

Tonya said...

Hi Trena,

I love the idea of using the cricut to make a stencil but I have what's probably a dumb question. I cut the word Bittersweet but when I pull the card stock off the cutting mat the B and e's are open. Do you peel off the little centers too or are you using a function key before you cut?

Tonya