Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Window pane....linen rack

Happy Tuesday prim friends...

I hope all is well with everyone this rainy January morning...

It's been fairly warm here in central Pa. the past couple of days..

It's calling for rain the biggest part of today so I'm inside doing some crafting and tweaking around my home...

I've been making some ticking hearts for Valentines Day and sewing some prairie dolls for customers...

This morning I took one of my old windowpanes that came from my grandparents old farmhouse and made a linen rack out of it..


I've been wanting to make one for in my master bath just haven't had the time to get in the wood shop..


I removed all the glass that was in it and just draped the linen down over the framing that held the glass in...Added a couple of old tea stained socks and a twig wreath and Wa..La..a linen rack...


This is without the flash....





















This one with the flash on....






















It's nice when you can make something that you've been wanting out of something that you already have.....No cost...No fuss...


So I'm off to fix lunch for hubby and son...Son stops everyday on this way to work to have lunch with us...He's not married yet so this way I know he is getting a hot meal and we get to spend some time with him..

Wishing everyone a great day....

Take care and thanks for stopping by and leaving the wonderful comments...

Hugs to all,

Trena

4 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

I just found your blog Trena and I am so happy I did. I can't wait to look thru your posts and get you know you better.

I love the old window make over. I probably have 20 old windows and I have run out of ideas for them. This is simply simple and it looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
AMY

Patti said...

Love your blog and love that window!
~~Patti~~

Shari said...

What a clever idea! I just got rid of my last old window. Now I'll have to be on the hunt for another one. I have the perfect space for just the right size.

Thanks for sharing with us all!

Shari

Kitty said...

What a fabulous idea! Thanks for the inspiration!