Thursday, February 4, 2010

Make do chair

Hello all prim friends....

I hope all is well with everyone...


We're expecting a snow storm starting tomorrow afternoon up until Saturday morning so I thought this would be a good time for me to get my wood measured and cut for my make do chairs that I have been wanting to make..


I brought two of the old wooden chairs that I had gotten out of my grandparents farmhouse down out of the garage to get them wiped down and ready for a makeover...



These are the two chairs that I will be using.









I took the seat cover off and painted the legs and the seat area flat black ......





































I just took my homespun material and layed it flat on the floor...Then placed the seat on top and cut around it...leaving enough material to bring it up around the cover and nail gunned it into the seat framing...


This is the chair done so far...



















I'll be posting more pics of the make do chair tomorrow so come back and see how it all turned out.


Thanks for stopping by...

Take care and stay warm..

Prim hugs to all,

Trena

2 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I can't wait to see this done...I have two chairs but they aren't ladder back so I didn't know it they would work or not:)

I'll be back...are you using plywood?

Rondell♥

TJ said...

Trena I can't wait to see how this is done and how it turns out. I'd love to try one myself.
Prim Huggs n Blessins
TJ