Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dry sink.....

Good morning everyone....



I hope you all are doing well today...



It's a beautiful Sunday here in central Pa...Sun is shinning,white puffy clouds,cool breeze,just a glorious day.



As I mentioned in a previous post I was working on a wooden project,something for my Summer Kitchen....



I always admired Linda's,Behind My Red Door's dry sink that she has in her Living Room so I thought what the heck I can try to build one for myself..



With Linda's permission I used the top portion of her design from her dry sink and built myself one....



I built the bottom of mine different than what Linda's is...I used the four legs instead of the solid boards...


For now I displayed my collection of enamelware on it...haven't decided just what I want to put on it yet...
























As you can see I made the top portion just like Linda's....the side view shows the design allot better....

























I painted it flat black...over coat of burgundy,sanded it then applied minwax walnut stain over the entire sink....I am so happy with the results...


I've been spending allot of my free time in the wood shop making things for are home....I have several projects in the works.

.
Yesterday afternoon I made one of the two towel racks.

Since its a beautiful sunny day today..I'm taking it outside in the sun to paint...It drys allot faster and I can get the project done quicker and move on to another one...

So I off to get some painting done.

I hope you all like my version of a dry sink..

Everyone have a great day and stay safe..

Hugs to you all..

...Trena...

1 comment:

basketsnprims said...

You did an awesome job ~ I love it.
Pam