Sunday, October 18, 2009

Holidays at Home

Happy Sunday to you all....I hope everyone is doing well today....It cold here in central Pa....we had some snow yesterday...it didn't amount to anything...thank goodness...It's expected to be back up in the 60's this coming week...looking forward to that..


When fall rolls around I always gather my GooseBerry Patch cookbooks and sit beside the coal stove to read them from cover to cover ...Autumn always brings crimson and golden leaves;crisp,cool breezes;crackling fires,hot spiced apple cider and plump pumpkins...


I thought I would share some wonderful recipes and helpful decorating tips for your home...


Decorating for Home & Hearth



I take a large grapevine wreath and tie assorted small gourds,small colorful Indian corn and a few cookie cutters to it with natural raffia and then make a large raffia bow...This wreath easily keeps from mid September through Thanksgiving and looks wonderful inside or on the front door..You can also use cinnamon sticks,fall leaves,acorns..Its quick,easy and beautiful...



From the Harvest Kitchen:



Here's a new twist on pumpkin pie...


Spicy Pumpkin Cheesecake



1 egg yolk

graham cracker pie crust,extra large

2 8-oz.pkgs.cream cheese,softened

3/4 c. sugar

2 eggs
16-oz. can pumpkin

2 t. cinnamon

1/4 t.ginger

1/4 t. clove

whipped cream


Beat egg yolk and brush on crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes..Set aside. In a large mixing bowl,beat cream cheese, sugar and eggs on medium speed until smooth. Add pumpkin and spices, continue mixing until well blended. Spoon into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees until set, about 45 minutes. Cool, refrigerate several hours. Top with whipped cream...



This is the time of year when I am getting our home ready for a cold long winter...Autumn is almost over, winter is just around the corner...I've been thinking alot about Christmas decorating....I haven't decided what to do with the mantel yet...I still have alittle time...I start decorating for Christmas as soon as the Halloween decor is put away....



I always have are home decorated inside and outside by Thanksgiving....I don't turn any lights on outside until Thanksgiving evening...That way we can enjoy all the decor for over a month...



I hope you all enjoyed reading some inserts from my Holidays at Home,Gooseberry Patch cookbook...I highly recommend these books to those of you that don't own any...Alot of information on decorating your home and great recipes to try...


I wish you all a wonderful Sunday..


Hugs to all,

...Trena..

No comments: