Friday, February 25, 2011

New cupboard...early Mother's Day present...

Hello everyone..
I hope this post finds everyone in good spirits..The weekend is almost here...time to get some down time..at this Olde Homestead.anyway..

I've had a busy week trying to get things crossed off my to do list...
It just seems the more I get accomplished ...the more I seem to add to the end of my to do list....
Never done...Never ending....

That brings me to this post...A brand new cupboard arrived at the Olde Homestead today earlier than expected...Making more work...
You see I've been eyeing up this nice Barn Red Cupboard at a shop that I frequently visit..
It sat along side a really nice six panel Pie Safe that caught my eye right after Christmas..
I thought I would wait until warmer weather to pick it up but low and behold
 my son bought me the Barn Red Cupboard for a early Mother's Day present...
He always surprises me this way...just out of the blue he'll go and buy me something that I really don't need but really really want...you all know how that is...
When he went to get the Pie Safe it was already sold so he brought home the Cupboard instead...

Believe me I was not disappointed at all..I was just thrilled to have either one of them...
So here's a few pictures of my new cupboard setting in the Family room...ready to be decorated...
It's done with a Black paint for an undercoat then Barn Red as the overcoat...
The Amish man that built this beauty done an magnificent job..Great craftsmanship..

Now the fun begins trying to decide how to decorate it..
Keeping the doors shut and use it for storage or open one or both doors
and decorate all four shelves with some of my treasures...
Decisions..Decisions...Decisions...
But great Decisions...

So thanks for stopping in to look at my new Cupboard...
Come back when you can stay longer...
Everyone have a safe and wonderful weekend..
Prim hugs,
Trena

5 comments:

Angela said...

WOW! Love the cupboard, and the color. Your son is a keeper. He has to be a special young man. Can't wait to see it all decked out. Have a good weekend.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Oh, my! You have a super son! The cabinet is gorgeous! Lucky, lucky woman! Can't wait to see how you decorate it! :)
★Linda★

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

What a wonderful wonderful and thoughtful surprise from your Son!!! I absolutely LOVE your new cupboard and can't wait to see what you decide to do...use it for storage or to decorate!!! Hope you have a great weekend. :)

Blessings,
Dana

bettyj said...

Trena, you have a wonderful new cupboard and an even more wonderful son.
That was so sweet.
betty

At Home With Amy said...

Oh Trena what I could do with this cupboard. How precious of your son to get this for you. He must really love his momma! Can't wait to see it all decorated.
Hugs,
AMY