Friday, January 14, 2011

~~Summer Kitchen...new look~~

Hello all prim peeps...
I hope all is well with everyone...
Its been bitterly cold and snowing here in Central Pa..nothing to amount to anything until this past
 Tuesday into Wednesday...there's about 3 to 4 inches on the ground...We got off pretty easy compared to other folks...
I've been nesting on these cold days and I figured  why not get started on my Spring cleaning...
I started right after putting my Christmas decor away...wanting to change things around and simplifying..

As I had said in other posts, I did a makeover on my Summer kitchen over the fall months...
I painted my walls buttery yellow and added pineapple stencil as a boarder...
The barn boards that were on the lower half of the wall I painted them a satin white...
I installed bead board as the back splash...painted them white then sanded and aged them with Minwax, walnut stain..
Bought Caromel Colors paint in peppercorn and painted my counter tops....
I then took leftover bead board and cut it to size and added it in the back of my open shelves..Sewed homespun black and cream curtains and hung them draped back on both sides...

We had bought an oak table acouple of years ago at an estate sale..I couldn't believe someone had painted it a bright red...DH stripped it down to the bare wood and restainted it back to its original form..
I was looking for a smaller round table to replace the drop leaf table that I had in the Summer kitchen.So when the Oak table was finished you all know where it went...right in my newly remolded Summer Kitchen..
It fit perfect along with the old wooden chairs that he refinished...I have a whole new kitchen set without even going to the furniture store..
and the best part of it is that DH did not help me one little bit on remodelling my new Summer Kitchen...I did it all on my own..using power tools and all...
With all that being said here's a few pictures of my new and improved Summer Kitchen...







Thank you all for stopping by for a visit..
Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful weekend..
Prim hugs,
Trena

11 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Trena
Wonderful job!
So prim perfect!
I love the backsplash,I am thinking of doing that with my kitchen I have seen it in a few magazines!
The colors are very warm & cozy!
Very inspiring!
enjoy the day
Teresa

Sandy said...

Looks wonderful :) Thanks for sharing...

At Home With Amy said...

Breath taking Trena. You did a wonderful job and you should be very proud of the way it turned out. If you need another room to work on, I would be glad to give you my address. I have several rooms for your to choose from!
Hugs,
AMY

Brenda said...

Trena, it all looks fantastic!! Great job!

Brenda

BumbleBeeLane said...

It turned out great.I need to redo a few of my rooms.Probly wait till spring.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Cherry said...

It looks wonderful and very prim!!! How is the paint holding up on your countertops?

bettyj said...

Trena you must be so proud of yourself! That is beautiful.
betty

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your Kitchen!! Everything is so warm and prim!!

*Dana*

Unknown said...

Trena...you totally rocked this kitchen! But in a prim way! I think it turned out great! I still love those counter tops and the bead board! You did a really good job!

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Prim Perfect! Beautiful kitchen

Primsue said...

Trena, everything looks wonderful. I love what you have done.

Blessings,
Sue