Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Primitive candy canes

I've been so busy getting things sewed..stuffed...grundged...and put together for Christmas the day's have just been flying by....

Thanksgiving is next week....where has November gone to...

Christmas will be here before we know it...

Between getting the outside of the house decorated for Christmas and working on craft projects for customers and things for our home...the day is gone before I know it...

This has been candy cane week for me...it seems that is mostly what I have been working on.


Here is a picture of my large candy canes that I joined together with aged cheesecloth then added artificial pine with red berries..Placed them on my shelf above the coal stove in the downstairs Family room....















These are a smaller version of the large candy canes just changed them using ticking fabric....aged them with coffee and cinnamon mixture...tied cheesecloth around them and added artificial greens and a dried apple slice....

I had an old wooden strainer that I picked up from somewhere so I thought what the heck...thats where the candy canes are going......Just added artificial greens to give it volume then went out and cut a few sprigs of real pine green's and stuck them here and there thru out the strainer.....Cut some winterberries and added them....

This is the finished project.....
















I hope you all liked my newest creations....thanks for stopping by....come back soon...I will be having a 100 post giveaway in the upcoming week...

Hugs to all,

Trena

1 comment:

basketsnprims said...

Treena,
Love your candy canes.
hugs.
Pam