Saturday, July 31, 2010

~~Early Birthday Present~~

and somethings I bought while out junking these past couple of weeks...

I hope all is well with everyone on this gorgeous Saturday. Here in Central,Pa.the weather has been beautiful this past week...mid to high 80's...no humidity and lots of beautiful sunshine..
Were still busy helping out our elderly neighbor...being really close to finishing up the job..hopefully within a couple of more weeks all the work will be done and then we can finally sit back and enjoy the rest of the summer....what little is left of it...I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by...the kids will be going back to school in another month and football season will be upon us..

With all that said and out of my system..forgive me for rambling on...I get like that sometimes...
Onto my pictures...
I went out and bought myself an early birthday present for in the hallway downstairs...I've been wanting to by some oriental rugs for along time now....they are so darn expensive...that I have just been putting it off mainly because they are not really a necessity.
This is a 2 foot by 8 foot runner...burgundy with black and cream..I wanted a dark color combination so it stands out against the ceramic tile that is on the floor...The tile is so darn cold that I wanted something that can with stand the traffic flow and still look good...So I went with this runner ...












Here is a closeup of the design...











And these are a few things I picked up while out on a junking trip...an old picnic basket to add to my collection...













Burgundy homespun tea towels...a set of four..









and four blue ticking tea towels ...









Thank you all for stopping by for a visit....enjoy the rest of the day and sending everyone a restful and relaxing Sunday..
Prim hugs,
Trena

2 comments:

♦Down Willow Lane♦ said...

Yor new runner looks super.Such warm colours.Your new goodies are fab too.TFS>

my3Kitties said...

Love your new runner! I have been wanting one in the same exact colors but smaller to put by my front door! can you share where you found this at? thanks, Tammy
basketnut@charter.net